I don’t have much in the way of profound things to talk about this week. This week was a little all over the place, much like this post will be. Here are some highlights.
- I am eating a delicious McDonalds breakfast sandwich. I also can’t believe it took McDonalds so long to get on the all-day breakfast train.
- I am in the beginning stages of planning a bathroom remodel and it’s very overwhelming for me. This is a time in life where a partner would be nice. Someone to say “I like that sink” and for me to be like “Great, let’s get that one!” Alas, it is just me and my doubts of my choices for something that in the scope of the world, is very much a first-world problem.
- I decided this week to quit using Tretinoin. For years I had used it once or twice a week with good results. 6 months ago my derm told me there was “no point” in my using it at all if I wasn’t working up to using it daily. That I would not get the anti-aging, skin smoothing benefits I wanted if not. So I very slowly worked my way to daily use and after about 3 months of daily use, my skin is worse than it has ever been. I have developed Orange peel texture, a very bizarre looking enlargement of pores and the overall texture is shit. After doing some internet digging I found all 3 of these things are not uncommon side effects that, according to users can take anywhere from 5 months to never to return back to normal. So that is just fucking super.
- A lot of my family is having issues and going through hard things. I am hoping things turn around for them and also hoping my biggest concerns remain my skin and picking out a bathtub.
- My bestie’s daughter turned 7 this week and I went to a small cake and ice cream gathering at her house. A couple days later, bestie said her daughter had a stomach virus a couple days later and now bestie and bestie’s bf, another kid who was at the party and their mom had it too. While at work, I had to urgently excuse myself to the “library” and was afraid I had the bug too. Turns out, I just ate a shit load of watermelon the day before and forgot about it.
- During a recent checkup the vet found my dog to have elevated liver enzymes. Not too elevated he said but enough that we need to re-test in a few months. I fear my dog has a secret drinking problem I am unaware of.
- My shoulder and wrist finally stopped hurting on Wednesday morning. And then promptly went back to shit Wednesday evening when back at the salon so, that’s a thing now I guess.
- The irony of me finally starting this blog and naming it what I have is not lost on me this week, when I have kind of had enough of the beauty sub I belonged to that prompted me to consider blogging again. Between literally no moderation, me being semi doxxed with no action nor, reply from the mods until 8 days later. Coupled with people using my ideas a or taking credit for them elsewhere and I am reminded why I loathe to be part of any “group”. It always sounds good at the beginning but in the end, I always find myself fringe-ing my way out of them. It happens. It will probably happen again. Although, I am at fault in most ways for having my ideas used by others by not properly using them myself (in the form of a blog or social media post, claiming them) and I am at peace with that. I still don’t have in me to do the type of beauty reporting that is widely used. It’s all good at the end of the day.
- It got up to 72 degrees here yesterday. Not too shabby for February. I had so many plans today based on a continuation of that weather for today. But no, woke up to chilly rain so. It remains to be seen if I will even leave this chair let alone the house.
- I am absolutely obsessed with The Life Of Pablo, Kanye West’s latest album. If you are a Kanye hater, keep that shit to yourself. Stan for life, here.
- Ultralight Beam is on constant loop this week. For an atheist, I sure love the sound of gospel music.
That’s about it. I hope to have something better for you soon. Just thought I would check in because I am sure you were at the edge of your seat, waiting to hear from me 🙂